Tuesday 13 November 2012

A Day of Blessing Bakery


I gave a call to a local orphanage known as Hannah Home couple of days ago. The founder Carol Cheng is a warm-hearted person and she runs the home to take care of the orphans. There are 15 little children staying in this home and currently they located at Taman Kinta, somewhere near the Paragon Hotel, Ipoh, Perak.

The standard of living even in Ipoh itself is gradually increasing and some families hardly afford to raise more children. I am deeply touched by Carol’s love on the little children and Hannah Home’s expense solely depends on donations as well as church offerings. Carol told me that she runs this Home by faith and prayers.

God bless my life to be pleasure and these pleasures easy to make me lose focus of the greatness things around me. I am so blessed that I am able to worship freely in church and to serve God with the talents God gave me. God blessed me with loving family members, a loving husband, a house, a car which I can afford and my career in accountancy. And now, I wanted to bless the little children with my baking skills. Today, I am going to bake warm carrot walnut muffins for the little children.

I woke up early this morning to prepare the ingredients. It’s a little bit time-consuming in shredding the carrots and toasting the walnuts as I done it manually. The whole process took me nearly 2 hours and I was able to bake 35 pieces of warm muffins. I packed the muffins in 2 different boxes and delivered the freshly bake muffins straight to Hannah Home at noon time.  

I met this little girl named Abigail at Hannah Home. She is suffering from artery failure and Carol told me it’s a miracle for her to grow to the current age. Her parents abandoned her since she was only a baby. Due to her health, she is easily suffered from flu and cough from time to time. As Carol is planning to fetch her to the nearest clinic, I choose not to stay any longer.

I may not know the reason of the parents in abandoning their own child. But I’m so glad to know a person like Carol. Hannah Home is currently resided at No.11, Jalan Kepayang, Taman Kinta Ipoh, 31400 Perak. Do make a visit to the home and help the little children. They need the love from the society.

“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27

 

No comments:

Post a Comment